Sunday, November 30, 2008

Being good, bored of being good

New school bags, piles of stationery, hair cuts, excitement - yes, it's the school rentrée. And for me the critical exam year, troisième.

Really glad to have left quatrième behind. It's amazing just how horrible some people, especially girls, can get at thirteen. The ones who had been bitches became outright bullies. Previously decent girls turned nasty. What is it about this age?

I got badly picked on although I don’t think it was anything to do with being English. Worse still, I wasn’t very nice either. Anyone I could, I put down.

I got bored of being good, too, in quatrième. So I was bad. I was rude to teachers. I played truant and started smoking (and stopped again, luckily). In fact I behaved like an all-round complete idiot.

I wasn’t the worst, though. There was a boy selling drugs in the corner of the playground. Two girls in my class spent one day getting so drunk and taking drugs that they ended up in hospital. The friend who was with them broke down when she came into school the next day. I don’t think I want to get into drink and drugs yet.

Anyway, being bad didn’t make me happy. My results plummeted, I was always falling out with everyone, especially my mum. In the end I just got very depressed.

This year will be better. I am going to respect the teachers (the ones who deserve it) . Get good marks. And be nice. And good. -ish!

No comments: